Sunday, September 25, 2011

change in thought

it's been a month since my last post...and i thought i was going to post more often.

i was going to use this blog post to complain how i can't find a job and how much i'm frustrated with my situation, but a few sunday sermon ago was what my heart needed to hear. so instead of listing all my frustrations, i'm going to focus on the positives.

i'm thankful that i've been getting called for interviews. although i haven't been able to land a job yet, i'm glad that my skills/experiences are desirable enough to warrant an interview. i'm thankful that i was able to teach a few kids how to swim this summer (made enough to cover a few bills). i'm thankful for friends who want me to sew/alter things for them. i'm thankful for friends who pray for me (definitely a comfort and a need). i'm thankful to have my pride revealed to me. it's hard to accept help, let alone ask for help.

i read this hymn by samuel rodigast on girltalk this week which was a great comfort:

Whatever my God ordains is right,
Here shall my stand be taken;
Though sorrow, or need, or death be mine,
Yet I am not forsaken,
My Father’s care circles me there,
He holds me that I shall not fall,
And so to Him I leave it all.

No comments: